G-Eazy Avoids Jail Time After Taking Plea Deal in NYC Bar Assault Case

The California-based hip-hop star is assigned to a diversion program for which he must complete three Manhattan Justice Opportunities sessions after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct.

AceShowbiz - G-Eazy has avoided jail after striking a plea deal in his New York City bar assault case. The "No Limit" rapper pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct which made the officials reduce his initial charge of misdemeanor assault.

When making an appearance in an NYC courtroom on Monday, November 8, the California-based hip-hop star, whose real name is Gerald Earl Gillum, was assigned to a diversion program for which he must complete three Manhattan Justice Opportunities sessions, per TMZ report. The program involves attending meetings with social workers and case managers, which is designed to "help offenders move towards positive directions in life."

G-Eazy was arrested on September 13 after he allegedly got into a fist fight with two other men at a VIP section inside the exclusive Boom Boom Room at the Standard, Highline hotel. He was accused of striking the alleged victim in the face, causing pain and redness. However, he was released from the arrest without bail but had to appear in court at a later date.

Of the incident, a source claimed that G-Eazy entered a VIP section of the nightspot around 12:40 A.M. on September 10. However, it turned out that it wasn't his room as it had been set aside for a private party involving the Lacoste clothing company.

G-Eazy was then asked to move out of the Lacoste room, but he didn't want to go and an argument erupted. The performer and his entourage allegedly "attacked" the party goers, socialite Daniel Chetrit, whose famous pals include Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid, and a 32-year-old man. It's also reported that the rapper punched and kicked them to the ground.

The police explained further that neither of the people he allegedly punched was hospitalized. Though so, multiple sources claimed that Daniel had to get stitches in his head as he was hit with a bottle.

After his arrest, G-Eazy was spotted looking unbothered at a New York Fashion Week event while belting out an "impromptu" performance for the crowd. An insider shared, "It was totally impromptu. He took the mic and was singing over his own track. Girls ran over all excited."

You can share this post!

Related Posts