New 'The Hobbit' Picture Sees Dwarves Balin and Dwalin
The first look at two last dwarf characters from Peter Jackson-directed adventure film "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" has been unleashed in a new picture via TIME. The image sees white haired dwarf Balin (Ken Stott) and his younger brother Dwalin (Graham McTavish) in their full costumes.
Balin and Dwalin are among the twelve dwarves who accompany Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) and Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on their quest to Erebor. The two brothers are close relatives of Thorin as well as his most loyal and trusted friends. Balin is described to have a natural tendency to disbelief anybody who is not a Dwarf, while the blue-bearded Dwalin is not someone to cross lightly.
Warner Bros. has previously unleashed first look at ten other dwarves in four separate images. The three dwarves which were first unveiled are Nori (Jared Brophy), Ori (Adam Brown) and Dori (Mark Hadlow). It was followed by the second photo that gives a look at Oin (John Callen) and Gloin (Peter Hambleton), and the third one that features youngest dwarves Fili (Deam O' Gorman) and Kili (Aidan Turner). The fourth one, meanwhile, sees Bofur (James Nesbitt), Bombur (Stephen Hunter) and Bifur (William Kircher).
Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's fiction novel "The Hobbit", "An Unexpected Journey" centers on Bilbo and Thorin, along with the twelve dwarves, who embark on an epic adventure to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim a lost treasure that was stolen by the dragon Smaug.
The film is also starring Andy Serkis, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom and it is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 14. Its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", meanwhile, is set to be released across the nation on December 13, 2013.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media