New 'The Hobbit' Picture Sees Dwarves Balin and Dwalin
The first look at two last dwarf characters from Peter Jackson-directed adventure film "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" has been unleashed in a new picture via TIME. The image sees white haired dwarf Balin (Ken Stott) and his younger brother Dwalin (Graham McTavish) in their full costumes.
Balin and Dwalin are among the twelve dwarves who accompany Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) and Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on their quest to Erebor. The two brothers are close relatives of Thorin as well as his most loyal and trusted friends. Balin is described to have a natural tendency to disbelief anybody who is not a Dwarf, while the blue-bearded Dwalin is not someone to cross lightly.
Warner Bros. has previously unleashed first look at ten other dwarves in four separate images. The three dwarves which were first unveiled are Nori (Jared Brophy), Ori (Adam Brown) and Dori (Mark Hadlow). It was followed by the second photo that gives a look at Oin (John Callen) and Gloin (Peter Hambleton), and the third one that features youngest dwarves Fili (Deam O' Gorman) and Kili (Aidan Turner). The fourth one, meanwhile, sees Bofur (James Nesbitt), Bombur (Stephen Hunter) and Bifur (William Kircher).
Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's fiction novel "The Hobbit", "An Unexpected Journey" centers on Bilbo and Thorin, along with the twelve dwarves, who embark on an epic adventure to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim a lost treasure that was stolen by the dragon Smaug.
The film is also starring Andy Serkis, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom and it is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 14. Its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", meanwhile, is set to be released across the nation on December 13, 2013.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'