Noomi Rapace and Bill Skarsgard Up for Swedish Oscars
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star Noomi Rapace and Stellan Skarsgard's son Bill Skarsgard are among the actors nominated for Sweden's version of the Oscars, the Guldbagge.
Rapace, who picked up the Best Actress Guldbagge in 2009 for her portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", has been nominated again for her performance in "Beyond", which is also nominated for Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay. Ironically, "Beyond"'s first-time director Pernilla August will compete with her star in the Best Actress category for her role in "Miss Kicki".
Bill Skarsgard's portrayal of an Asperger's Syndrome sufferer in "Simple Simon" has earned him a Best Actor nomination. "Simple Simon" is also up for Best Film, as is "Sebbe", which won acclaim at the Berlin Film Festival in Germany last year.
Oscar-favorite "The Social Network" will compete for the Best Foreign Film award with "Fish Tank" and "Lourdes". The awards will be announced on January 24 in Stockholm.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie