Noomi Rapace and Bill Skarsgard Up for Swedish Oscars
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star Noomi Rapace and Stellan Skarsgard's son Bill Skarsgard are among the actors nominated for Sweden's version of the Oscars, the Guldbagge.
Rapace, who picked up the Best Actress Guldbagge in 2009 for her portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", has been nominated again for her performance in "Beyond", which is also nominated for Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay. Ironically, "Beyond"'s first-time director Pernilla August will compete with her star in the Best Actress category for her role in "Miss Kicki".
Bill Skarsgard's portrayal of an Asperger's Syndrome sufferer in "Simple Simon" has earned him a Best Actor nomination. "Simple Simon" is also up for Best Film, as is "Sebbe", which won acclaim at the Berlin Film Festival in Germany last year.
Oscar-favorite "The Social Network" will compete for the Best Foreign Film award with "Fish Tank" and "Lourdes". The awards will be announced on January 24 in Stockholm.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked