Billy Bob Thornton on Raw Diet During Thanksgiving
Hollywood star Billy Bob Thornton is eating only raw foods this Thanksgiving, November 25 after adopting a "ridiculous" diet consisting of fruit, vegetables and cereal. The actor admits he goes through phases where he will refuse to chow down on cooked meals in favor of surviving on a minimalist diet.
But he confesses eating so healthily has nothing to do with animal rights. He says, "I only eat raw food, it's beyond a vegan. It's ridiculous."
"I've done it off and on for years and years. So I'll go for a year and eat raw and then go back to the regular stuff," he explains. "I mean I don't have anything against butchering cows, it's not a moral thing. It's just a health thing. It allows me to do things I wanna do so I eat really healthy and it balances out the other things I like to do, like smoke."
And he insists his own dietary requirements won't have an impact on his family's traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. He adds, "It really doesn't bother me to be around people with actual food. Everybody else in the family will have the regular meal, turkey, stuffing."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy