Jessica Simpson Extremely Happy About Nick Lachey's Engagement
Jessica Simpson has dispelled rumors she is distraught by the news of Nick Lachey's engagement to longtime girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo, insisting she "couldn't be more happy" for her ex-husband. Former 98 Degrees singer Lachey announced plans to wed Minnillo last week after four years of dating.
Tabloid reports claim Simpson has been rocked by the news, but she has spoken out to silence the gossip and offer her best wishes to her ex. She tells Los Angeles radio personality Ryan Seacrest, "I don't know where all those rumors came from. My mum actually called me and told me that everybody was saying that I was 'saddened'. And I was just in complete shock..."
"I am extremely, extremely happy for him. I couldn't be more happy for Nick. Our relationship was over a really long time ago so it would be nice if everybody could move on with us and really just celebrate the love between him and Vanessa - I do. I wish them nothing but the best."
Simpson and Lachey, who documented their three-year marriage on MTV reality show "Newlyweds", divorced in 2006. The blonde beauty is now dating retired American footballer Eric Johnson and she can't wait to spend the upcoming holidays with his family in New York.
She says, "My first New York Thanksgiving! (Johnson's) family is going to be with us on the float at the Macy's Day Parade, and my family will be there."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years