Jessica Simpson Extremely Happy About Nick Lachey's Engagement
Jessica Simpson has dispelled rumors she is distraught by the news of Nick Lachey's engagement to longtime girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo, insisting she "couldn't be more happy" for her ex-husband. Former 98 Degrees singer Lachey announced plans to wed Minnillo last week after four years of dating.
Tabloid reports claim Simpson has been rocked by the news, but she has spoken out to silence the gossip and offer her best wishes to her ex. She tells Los Angeles radio personality Ryan Seacrest, "I don't know where all those rumors came from. My mum actually called me and told me that everybody was saying that I was 'saddened'. And I was just in complete shock..."
"I am extremely, extremely happy for him. I couldn't be more happy for Nick. Our relationship was over a really long time ago so it would be nice if everybody could move on with us and really just celebrate the love between him and Vanessa - I do. I wish them nothing but the best."
Simpson and Lachey, who documented their three-year marriage on MTV reality show "Newlyweds", divorced in 2006. The blonde beauty is now dating retired American footballer Eric Johnson and she can't wait to spend the upcoming holidays with his family in New York.
She says, "My first New York Thanksgiving! (Johnson's) family is going to be with us on the float at the Macy's Day Parade, and my family will be there."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?