Tyra Banks Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against 'Mentally Unstable' Fan
Model-turned-TV personality Tyra Banks has been granted a permanent restraining order against a fan she alleges has stalked her since 2006. The "America's Next Top Model" host asked a judge to grant her request for a protection order against Marten Williams, Jr., who she claims is a "mentally unstable celebrity stalker" who has harassed her and members of her family for four years.
In documents filed in Los Angeles, Banks alleged the 39 year old has a history of mental illness and believes "he killed George Bush Jr. and that Michael Jackson is alive and living in Long Beach". Banks also claims Williams, Jr. has bombarded her with "ominous frightening letters and items".
A judge previously ordered Williams, Jr., who was arrested for trespassing at Banks' Beverly Hills home earlier this month, to stay at least 100 yards away from the star and her family until a hearing on October 28 to determine if the temporary order would be made permanent. Williams has now been ordered to stay least 100 yards from Banks and her family for the next three years.
More Tyra Banks News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified