Rep: Anna Friel Not Romancing Joseph Cross
A rep for Anna Friel has denied reports of a romance between the star and Joseph Cross - just a month after the actress insisted photos of her kissing the young actor had been "manipulated". Friel, who is in a longterm relationship with "Harry Potter" star David Thewlis, sparked speculation of an affair after she was pictured in December 2009 embracing Cross, who she shared the stage with in a West End production of "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
She put the rumors to rest by declaring Cross was just a co-star, insisting, "He gave me a kiss and was, like, 'Hello, darling' and they made a story about it. I'm very tactile. They always manipulate things." The pair once again fueled gossip on Saturday, April 3 when they were snapped enjoying a day out in Los Angeles - but Friel's spokesperson maintains their relationship is platonic.
The rep says, "Anna and Joseph are just good friends. The play they were working on together finished several months ago but they still keep in touch. I don't want to comment any further."
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges