October 01, 2016  

Court Rejects Anna Nicole Smith's 300 Million Dollars Appeal

March 20, 2010 (3:35 am) GMT
Officials at the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in California have denied the late actress' demand for 300 million dollars from her late husband's estate.

Tragic actress/model 's long-running battle with her dead husband's estate appears to be over - federal appeals court judges have ruled the star should get nothing. Before she died in 2007, Smith was asking for more than $300 million from oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall's estate.

She maintained Marshall promised her the cash during their 14-month marriage, which ended with the 89-year-old's death in 1995. But, on Friday, March 19, officials at the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in California agreed with the decision of a probate court judge in Texas, who previously ruled that Marshall did not intend to leave the late star any money.

The Texas probate court ruled against Smith after a five-month jury trial. The model was awarded $450 million - later reduced to $88 million - from the Marshall estate when she filed for bankruptcy in 1996, but the new ruling to give the Smith estate nothing now stands.

An attorney for the Marshall estate says, "We're very happy with the opinion. We're hoping this is the end of the road."

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
  2. 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
  3. Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
  4. Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
  5. Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
  6. Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
  7. Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
  8. 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune