George Clooney's Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Turns Down UN's Offer to Investigate War Crimes in Gaza
George Clooney's fiancee, Amal Alamuddin, has turned down United Nations' offer to investigate war crimes in Gaza. UN's Geneva-based Human Rights Council revealed on Monday, August 11 that Amal would join two other experts to examine possible violations of the rules of war in the Gaza Strip.
Hours after the UN's announcement was released, George's Hollywood agent, Stan Rosenfield, released a statement on Amal's behalf. The statement read, "I am horrified by the situation in the occupied Gaza Strip, particularly the civilian casualties that have been caused, and strongly believe that there should be an independent investigation and accountability for crimes that have been committed."
"I was contacted by the UN about this for the first time this morning," the statement continued, "I am honoured to have received the offer, but given existing commitments - including eight ongoing cases - unfortunately could not accept this role. I wish my colleagues who will serve on the commission courage and strength in their endeavours."
Aside from her hectic work schedule, Amal is also busy with her preparation for her upcoming wedding with George. In previous report, Amal and George have obtained their marriage license in London. The upcoming nuptials is expected to take place next month in George's Lake Como house. A source claimed, "They're going to have top security, but include a really small group. Very intimate, and mostly family."
More George Clooney News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance