George Clooney's Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Turns Down UN's Offer to Investigate War Crimes in Gaza
George Clooney's fiancee, Amal Alamuddin, has turned down United Nations' offer to investigate war crimes in Gaza. UN's Geneva-based Human Rights Council revealed on Monday, August 11 that Amal would join two other experts to examine possible violations of the rules of war in the Gaza Strip.
Hours after the UN's announcement was released, George's Hollywood agent, Stan Rosenfield, released a statement on Amal's behalf. The statement read, "I am horrified by the situation in the occupied Gaza Strip, particularly the civilian casualties that have been caused, and strongly believe that there should be an independent investigation and accountability for crimes that have been committed."
"I was contacted by the UN about this for the first time this morning," the statement continued, "I am honoured to have received the offer, but given existing commitments - including eight ongoing cases - unfortunately could not accept this role. I wish my colleagues who will serve on the commission courage and strength in their endeavours."
Aside from her hectic work schedule, Amal is also busy with her preparation for her upcoming wedding with George. In previous report, Amal and George have obtained their marriage license in London. The upcoming nuptials is expected to take place next month in George's Lake Como house. A source claimed, "They're going to have top security, but include a really small group. Very intimate, and mostly family."
More George Clooney News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'