George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Obtain Marriage License in London
George Clooney and his fiancee Amal Alamuddin are one step closer to tying the knot as they have now secured their marriage license. The 53-year-old Oscar winner and the 36-year-old international human rights lawyer obtained the required license in London at Chelsea Town Hall, a source confirmed to Us Weekly.
A passerby named Susan took a picture of the notice of their intent to wed that was posted outside of Chelsea Old Town Hall. The announcement, which was first obtained by Dlisted.com on August 6, reads, "I Amal Ramzi Alamuddin of London, give you notice that I and George Timothy Clooney of Studio City, Los Angeles California..." The rest of the statement is not visible because the notice is folded.
The public notice is a legal requirement for citizens of the European Union, like Alamuddin, who plan to marry. The announcement states that the wedding will take place in Italy, where Clooney owns a property. The notice also lists their occupation. Clooney is listed as "Actor and Director" while Alamuddin is listed as "Barrister". It also mentions their "condition," which refers to their marital status. This will be Amaluddin's first marriage and second for the "Gravity" star as he was previously married to Talia Balsam.
The couple got engaged in April after barely seven months of dating. Clooney offered up a 7-carat diamond ring estimated to be worth at least $750,000. An insider told Us Weekley at the time of the engagement, "This is the healthiest relationship I've ever seen George in. He seems incredibly happy, and Amal is such a sweet and intelligent girl, who has her own thoughts and ideas and doesn't just bow down to everything he says."
Clooney's representative declined to comment on the public notice. "I am not commenting on the story," the rep told The Hollywood Reporter.
More George Clooney News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked