Grammy Awards 2014: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Daft Punk Are Early Winners
Following a performance from Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, first awards at the 56th annual Grammy Awards were handed to the winners. The first award which was handed out at the Sunday, January 26 event was Best New Artist which went to duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
The twosome, who won three trophies at the pre-telecast ceremony, defeated other artists in the category which included James Blake, Kendrick Lamar, Kacey Musgraves and Ed Sheeran. "I want to say, we made this album without a record label. We made it independently and we appreciate all the support," Macklemore said while on stage.
After the trophy was handed out, the winner of Best Pop Duo/Group Performance was announced. Daft Punk went home with a trophy in the category after edging out other performers which included Justin Timberlake & Jay-Z for "Suit & Tie", Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell Williams with "Blurred Lines", Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko with "Stay" and Pink featuring Nate Ruess with "Just Give Me a Reason". The French duo showed up on stage alongside Williams and Nile Rodgers. "Dude. On the behalf of the robots, I would just like to say, 'Man, thank you, thank thank you,' " Williams said.
Katy Perry and others took the stage following the announcement. Other winners will be revealed at the 2014 Grammy Awards which is hosted by LL Cool J.
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit