Grammy Awards 2014: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Nab Three Awards at Pre-Telecast Ceremony
Some Grammy trophies were already handed on Sunday, January 26 prior to the live show, with duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis receiving 3 rap awards. The twosome won best performance and best song for "Thrift Shop". They additionally took home best rap album for "The Heist".
Other big winners in the pre-telecast session were Justin Timberlake and Daft Punk who took two awards each. Jessica Biel's other half won best music video for his "Suit & Tie". He also nabbed a best R&B song trophy for his "Pusher Love Girl". The French duo, meanwhile, brought home trophies for best dance/electronica album and engineered album.
Other winners which were announced in the pre-telecast ceremony were Alicia Keys in best R&B album category, Rihanna who grabbed best urban contemporary album for her work "Unapologetic" and Pharrell Williams who nabbed a trophy for producer of the year.
Best rock performance trophy was handed to Imagine Dragons with their "Radioactive", while Black Sabbath was honored with best metal performance award. Vampire Weekend won an award for alternative music album with their work "Modern Vampire of the City". In addition to the previously named artists, Led Zeppelin's "Celebration Day" was named best rock album in the pre-telecast ceremony.
More winners will be announced at the 56th annual Grammy Awards. The event is hosted by LL Cool J.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage