People's Choice Awards 2013 Movie Winners: 'The Hunger Games' Dominating
The 2013 People's Choice Awards was wrapped up on Wednesday evening, January 9, revealing which film that became the biggest winner in the movie categories. "The Hunger Games" successfully dominated the winner list in movie, raking in a total of 5 trophies including the top Favorite Movie award.
The Panem survival games film also grabbed the Favorite Movie Franchise prize, beating the likes of "The Avengers", "The Dark Knight", "Madagascar" and "The Amazing Spider-Man". Its lead actors, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, additionally claimed the Favorite On-Screen Chemistry gong.
Lawrence herself also took home the coveted Favorite Movie Actress, defeating such contenders as Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johansson. "Thank you for loving movies as much as I do," the "Silver Linings Playbook" star said on his acceptance speech.
Claiming the Favorite Movie Actor award, on the other hand, was Robert Downey Jr., who also won the Favorite Movie Superhero trophy thanks to his role as Iron Man. He dedicated his award to an 83-year-old fan Joyce Schroeder, who died a few days ago. "So Joyce, this is for you," so Downey Jr. said upon receiving his prize.
Jennifer Aniston picked up the first award of the night by winning Favorite Comedic Actress. "I love the people, I really do," she said when accepting her trophy. Meanwhile, Adam Sandler joked that he invited the audience to "a pizza party at Jennifer Aniston's house" when receiving his Favorite Comedic Actor trophy.
Other movie winners included Chris Hemsworth (Favorite Action Movie Star), Zac Efron (Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor), Emma Watson (Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress), and Meryl Streep (Favorite Movie Icon). "Ted" won the Favorite Comedic Movie award, while "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" snatched the Favorite Dramatic Movie trophy.
The 39th Annual People's Choice Awards was hosted by "The Big Bang Theory" star Kaley Cuoco. Attended by a host of Hollywood famed stars, the event, which is the only major awards show voted on entirely by the public, had Demi Lovato and Faith Hill serving as the musical performers.
2013 PCAs Winners in Movie:
- Favorite Movie: "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Movie Actor: Robert Downey Jr.
- Favorite Movie Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
- Favorite Movie Icon: Meryl Streep
- Favorite Action Movie: "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Action Movie Star: Chris Hemsworth
- Favorite Face of Heroism: Jennifer Lawrence - "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Comedic Movie: "Ted"
- Favorite Comedic Actor: Adam Sandler
- Favorite Comedic Actress: Jennifer Aniston
- Favorite Dramatic Movie: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
- Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor: Zac Efron
- Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress: Emma Watson
- Favorite Movie Franchise: "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Movie Superhero: Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
- Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: Jennifer Lawrence / Josh Hutcherson / Liam Hemsworth, "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Movie Fan Following: Twihards, "Twilight"
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?