People's Choice Awards 2013 TV Winners: 'Glee', 'Supernatural', 'X Factor' and More
The 2013 People's Choice Awards has handed out all the kudos in a live ceremony hosted by Kaley Cuoco on January 9. In television field, "Glee", "Supernatural" and "The X Factor (US)" were coming home victorious with multiple prizes.
The FOX musical series paired up the Favorite Comedic TV Actor and Actress gongs, which were snatched by original stars Chris Colfer and Lea Michele respectively. It marked the second year in a row the Rachel Berry depicter nabbed the title. Taking the stage to accept the honor after losing it to Neil Patrick Harris last year, Colfer said, "It is so flattering to be exploited in your fan fiction."
"Glee", however, was defeated by "The Big Bang Theory" in Favorite Network TV Comedy category. The hit CBS sitcom also edged out other top-rated shows, "HIMYM", "Modern Family" and "New Girl".
"Supernatural" and "The X Factor" also took home two awards. The CW long-runing series won Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and Favorite TV Fan Following, while the FOX sophomore reality series was named Favorite Competition TV Show and had its star Demi Lovato dubbed Favorite Celebrity Judge.
"Grey's Anatomy" and "Castle" were among other winners with the former winning Favorite Network TV Drama title and Favorite Dramatic TV Actress prize for Ellen Pompeo. "Castle", meanwhile, was named Favorite TV Crime Drama and led Nathan Fillion to win Favorite Dramatic TV Actor.
The 39th Annual People's Choice Awards was made merry with live performances from Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato as well as Faith Hill.
2013 PCAs Winners in TV:
- Favorite Network TV Comedy: "The Big Bang Theory"
- Favorite Network TV Drama: "Grey's Anatomy"
- Favorite Cable TV Comedy: "Awkward"
- Favorite Cable TV Drama: "Leverage"
- Favorite Premium Cable TV Show: "True Blood"
- Favorite TV Crime Drama: "Castle"
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show: "Supernatural"
- Favorite Comedic TV Actor: Chris Colfer - "Glee"
- Favorite Comedic TV Actress: Lea Michele - "Glee"
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actor: Nathan Fillion - "Castle"
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actress: Ellen Pompeo - "Grey's Anatomy"
- Favorite Daytime TV Host: Ellen DeGeneres - "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host: Jimmy Fallon - "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"
- Favorite New Talk Show Host: Steve Harvey - "Steve Harvey"
- Favorite Competition TV Show: "The X Factor (US)"
- Favorite Celebrity Judge: Demi Lovato - "The X Factor (US)"
- Favorite TV Fan Following: SPNFamily - "Supernatural"
- Favorite New TV Comedy: "The New Normal"
- Favorite New TV Drama: "Beauty and The Beast"
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck