People's Choice Awards 2013 TV Winners: 'Glee', 'Supernatural', 'X Factor' and More
The 2013 People's Choice Awards has handed out all the kudos in a live ceremony hosted by Kaley Cuoco on January 9. In television field, "Glee", "Supernatural" and "The X Factor (US)" were coming home victorious with multiple prizes.
The FOX musical series paired up the Favorite Comedic TV Actor and Actress gongs, which were snatched by original stars Chris Colfer and Lea Michele respectively. It marked the second year in a row the Rachel Berry depicter nabbed the title. Taking the stage to accept the honor after losing it to Neil Patrick Harris last year, Colfer said, "It is so flattering to be exploited in your fan fiction."
"Glee", however, was defeated by "The Big Bang Theory" in Favorite Network TV Comedy category. The hit CBS sitcom also edged out other top-rated shows, "HIMYM", "Modern Family" and "New Girl".
"Supernatural" and "The X Factor" also took home two awards. The CW long-runing series won Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and Favorite TV Fan Following, while the FOX sophomore reality series was named Favorite Competition TV Show and had its star Demi Lovato dubbed Favorite Celebrity Judge.
"Grey's Anatomy" and "Castle" were among other winners with the former winning Favorite Network TV Drama title and Favorite Dramatic TV Actress prize for Ellen Pompeo. "Castle", meanwhile, was named Favorite TV Crime Drama and led Nathan Fillion to win Favorite Dramatic TV Actor.
The 39th Annual People's Choice Awards was made merry with live performances from Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato as well as Faith Hill.
2013 PCAs Winners in TV:
- Favorite Network TV Comedy: "The Big Bang Theory"
- Favorite Network TV Drama: "Grey's Anatomy"
- Favorite Cable TV Comedy: "Awkward"
- Favorite Cable TV Drama: "Leverage"
- Favorite Premium Cable TV Show: "True Blood"
- Favorite TV Crime Drama: "Castle"
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show: "Supernatural"
- Favorite Comedic TV Actor: Chris Colfer - "Glee"
- Favorite Comedic TV Actress: Lea Michele - "Glee"
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actor: Nathan Fillion - "Castle"
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actress: Ellen Pompeo - "Grey's Anatomy"
- Favorite Daytime TV Host: Ellen DeGeneres - "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host: Jimmy Fallon - "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"
- Favorite New Talk Show Host: Steve Harvey - "Steve Harvey"
- Favorite Competition TV Show: "The X Factor (US)"
- Favorite Celebrity Judge: Demi Lovato - "The X Factor (US)"
- Favorite TV Fan Following: SPNFamily - "Supernatural"
- Favorite New TV Comedy: "The New Normal"
- Favorite New TV Drama: "Beauty and The Beast"
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences