Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera Rock the 2013 People's Choice Awards
The 2013 People's Choice Awards honored the best in movies, TVs and music during its two-hour special telecast on CBS Wednesday night, January 9 direct from LA's famed Nokia Theatre. In between the numerous awards, the annual prize-giving ceremony showcased some of the best performers in entertainment with the likes of Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Taylor Swift and Jason Aldean taking the stage.
R'n'B superstar Keys kicked off the night's festivities, performing her latest hit "Girl on Fire". Dressed in a red, white and black ensemble, she sang while seated behind her trademark grand piano before breaking out the choreography with her dancers as she performed the upbeat song "New Day".
For her highlight performance, Aguilera chose the soulful ballad "Blank Page", her latest single. Wearing a knock out ensemble of an Alexander McQueen jacket and vest with Alexandre Vaulthier pants, Christian Louboutin shoes and Neil Lane jewelry, the recently-departed judge from the hit singing competition show "The Voice" accepted her award, the first-ever People's Voice Award, from actor Josh Duhamel.
Country music sensation Aldean gave a rocking version of "My Kinda Party", a track from his 2010 album of the same name, while Swift, who won Favorite Country Artist, performed her hit song "Love Story" and latest track "I Knew You Were Trouble".
Other musical acts who won trophies that night were Katy Perry who won 5 awards (but was unfortunately absent), Maroon 5 with frontman Adam Levine receiving the award on behalf of the band, The Wanted who won Favorite Breakout Artist, and fellow boyband One Direction who won the Favorite Album and Song awards. Rihanna won Favorite R'n'B artist title, while Nicki Minaj won the Favorite Hip-hop Artist kudo.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?