Selena Gomez Reveals Name of Miscarried Sister in Belated Christmas Greetings
A little more than a week after her mother suffered a miscarriage, Selena Gomez broke her silence over the family tragedy. On Monday, December 26, the "Monte Carlo" actress sent belated Christmas greetings to her fans and revealed the name her family gave to the lost baby girl.
"Belated Merry Christmas everybody..," the 19-year-old began her note. "I can't thank you enough for all of your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate every one of you.. I love you all so much and we hope you and your family had a beautiful Christmas!" At the end, she signed the message, "Love, Me, Momma, Brian and our guardian angel Scarlett."
Selena first informed her fans that she's going to be a big sister a day after Thanksgiving. Three weeks after the announcement, on November 16, the "Who Says" singer canceled two of her holiday-themed concerts because her mother, Mandy, has miscarried. The baby would have been her mother's first child with her stepfather Brian Teefey.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'