Selena Gomez Heads Home as Mom Suffers Miscarriage
Sad news comes from Selena Gomez and her family. Three weeks after announcing that there will be new addition to the family, it was revealed that the singer's mom has suffered a miscarriage on Friday, December 16.
Selena was supposed to perform at two holiday-themed concert over the weekend, one in Chicago and another in Seattle, but she pulled out of them due to "family emergency". Selena found out the news while she was in the audience at Power 106's Cali Christmas 2011 concert in Los Angeles. She immediately left the show and headed home. It is unclear whether her boyfriend Justin Bieber tagged along or not.
Selena's representative said that the singer is okay but she has to be with her family. The baby would have been her mom, Mandy Dawn Cornett's first child with Brian Teefey, whom Mandy married when Selena was five.
The Seattle concert for 106.1 KISS FM's Jingle Bell Bash at the WaMu Theater has now been entirely postponed because OneRepublic's frontman Ryan Tedder has to go on vocal rest under doctor's order anyway.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris