Selena Gomez Heads Home as Mom Suffers Miscarriage
Sad news comes from Selena Gomez and her family. Three weeks after announcing that there will be new addition to the family, it was revealed that the singer's mom has suffered a miscarriage on Friday, December 16.
Selena was supposed to perform at two holiday-themed concert over the weekend, one in Chicago and another in Seattle, but she pulled out of them due to "family emergency". Selena found out the news while she was in the audience at Power 106's Cali Christmas 2011 concert in Los Angeles. She immediately left the show and headed home. It is unclear whether her boyfriend Justin Bieber tagged along or not.
Selena's representative said that the singer is okay but she has to be with her family. The baby would have been her mom, Mandy Dawn Cornett's first child with Brian Teefey, whom Mandy married when Selena was five.
The Seattle concert for 106.1 KISS FM's Jingle Bell Bash at the WaMu Theater has now been entirely postponed because OneRepublic's frontman Ryan Tedder has to go on vocal rest under doctor's order anyway.
More Selena Gomez News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'