Rihanna Accused of Stealing Solve Sundsbo's Nude Photo Shoot for 'You Da One' Video
Rihanna finds herself in hot water yet again. Soon after her music video for latest single "You Da One" hit the web, people were quick to notice that some scenes in the Melina Matsoukas-directed clip bear resemblance to a work done by famed fashion photographer Solve Sundsbo.
The scenes in question are the ones which feature Riri rocking a bowl haircut and wearing a flesh colored bodysuit. Shadows of stripes and dots form unique patterns across her skin while she's writhing on the floor. The visuals are identical to a nude photo shoot Solve did for "Numero 93" in 2008.
Filmed in London, "You Da One" video itself sees Riri undergoing a number of transformations from being a tomboy girl in an overall to being a seductress in a bra, thong and fishnet outfit. One scene which shows her strutting her stuff in front of a bright pink wall is inspired by the 1971 film "A Clockwork Orange".
Both Riri and Melina haven't responded to the plagiarism claim. Instead, the Bajan beauty continued to hype up the video on her Twitter. She gave update on how many views the clip collected on YouTube by retweeting her fans' messages. "#YouDaOne video was released a day ago and already has nearly 4 million views," she posted before adding hours later, " 'You Da One' video has 7,060,407 views."
This is, though, not the only copycat case the longtime collaborators faced. Earlier this year, the Barbados singer was sued by photographer David LaChapelle for allegedly stealing his work and used it without his consent in "S&M" clip, which is also directed by Melina. The lawsuit was settled outside the court, but details of the settlement remained undisclosed.
More Rihanna News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding