Emmys 2011: 'Modern Family' and 'Downton Abbey' Lead Winner List
The announcement of Outstanding Comedy winner has wrapped up the telecast of 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards. Taking home the last award that night was "Modern Family" which also took the same title last year.
Early at the prize-giving event, "Modern Family" had taken home four prizes, with Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell pairing up the supporting actress and actor kudos. With five nods in total, the ABC show led the winner list at the Sunday (September 18) ceremony.
Another multiple winner that night was "Downton Abbey" with four gongs. It snatched Outstanding Movie/Miniseries title after grabbing Outstanding Supporting Actress, Outstanding Directing and Outstanding Directing Awards.
"Mad Men", meanwhile, managed to take home the coveted Outstanding Drama title although it was snubbed in the acting categories. This marks the fourth time in a row the AMC series winning the same prize since 2008.
Partial winner list of the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards is available below, while the rest of the winners can be seen at the official site.
- Outstanding Drama: "Mad Men"
- Outstanding Actress in a Drama: Julianna Margulies - "The Good Wife"
- Outstanding Actor in a Drama: Kyle Chandler - "Friday Night Lights"
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama: Peter Dinklage - "Game of Thrones"
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama: Margo Martindale - "Justified"
- Outstanding Comedy: "Modern Family"
- Outstanding Actress in a Comedy: Melissa McCarthy - "Mike & Molly"
- Outstanding Actor in a Comedy: Jim Parsons - "The Big Bang Theory"
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy: Ty Burrell - "Modern Family"
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Julie Bowen - "Modern Family"
- Outstanding Movie/Miniseries: "Downton Abbey"
- Outstanding Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Barry Pepper - "The Kennedys"
- Outstanding Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Kate Winslet - "Mildred Pierce"
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie: Maggie Smith - "Downton Abbey"
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie: Guy Pearce - "Mildred Pierce"
- Outstanding Reality Show Competition: "The Amazing Race"
- Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake