Video: Lonely Island, Michael Bolton, Akon Perform at Emmys 2011
The Lonely Island was one of the musical guests at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 18. The "Saturday Night Live" comedy troupe comprising of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone delivered a star-studded performance for their set during the prize-giving event.
First, they kicked it off with Michael Bolton in "Jack Sparrow" before giving the spotlight to the other trio, Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph, to have their "3-Way". Akon then belted out his "I Just Had Sex" lyrics, and together they returned to the center stage for a "#1 sex champion" announcement.
2011 Primetime Emmy Awards was held at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. It was hosted by Jane Lynch and kicked off with controversies surrounding the removal of Alec Baldwin's joke about News Corp. phone-hacking scandal. "Modern Family" and "Downton Abbey" lead the winner list with four gongs each.
Emmys 2011: Red Carpet Arrivals | Opening Video | Winner List | Press Room
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!