Video: Lonely Island, Michael Bolton, Akon Perform at Emmys 2011
The Lonely Island was one of the musical guests at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 18. The "Saturday Night Live" comedy troupe comprising of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone delivered a star-studded performance for their set during the prize-giving event.
First, they kicked it off with Michael Bolton in "Jack Sparrow" before giving the spotlight to the other trio, Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph, to have their "3-Way". Akon then belted out his "I Just Had Sex" lyrics, and together they returned to the center stage for a "#1 sex champion" announcement.
2011 Primetime Emmy Awards was held at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. It was hosted by Jane Lynch and kicked off with controversies surrounding the removal of Alec Baldwin's joke about News Corp. phone-hacking scandal. "Modern Family" and "Downton Abbey" lead the winner list with four gongs each.
Emmys 2011: Red Carpet Arrivals | Opening Video | Winner List | Press Room
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck