Video: Lonely Island, Michael Bolton, Akon Perform at Emmys 2011
The Lonely Island was one of the musical guests at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 18. The "Saturday Night Live" comedy troupe comprising of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone delivered a star-studded performance for their set during the prize-giving event.
First, they kicked it off with Michael Bolton in "Jack Sparrow" before giving the spotlight to the other trio, Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph, to have their "3-Way". Akon then belted out his "I Just Had Sex" lyrics, and together they returned to the center stage for a "#1 sex champion" announcement.
2011 Primetime Emmy Awards was held at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. It was hosted by Jane Lynch and kicked off with controversies surrounding the removal of Alec Baldwin's joke about News Corp. phone-hacking scandal. "Modern Family" and "Downton Abbey" lead the winner list with four gongs each.
Emmys 2011: Red Carpet Arrivals | Opening Video | Winner List | Press Room
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris