Video: Lonely Island, Michael Bolton, Akon Perform at Emmys 2011
The Lonely Island was one of the musical guests at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 18. The "Saturday Night Live" comedy troupe comprising of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone delivered a star-studded performance for their set during the prize-giving event.
First, they kicked it off with Michael Bolton in "Jack Sparrow" before giving the spotlight to the other trio, Ed Helms, John Stamos and Maya Rudolph, to have their "3-Way". Akon then belted out his "I Just Had Sex" lyrics, and together they returned to the center stage for a "#1 sex champion" announcement.
2011 Primetime Emmy Awards was held at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. It was hosted by Jane Lynch and kicked off with controversies surrounding the removal of Alec Baldwin's joke about News Corp. phone-hacking scandal. "Modern Family" and "Downton Abbey" lead the winner list with four gongs each.
Emmys 2011: Red Carpet Arrivals | Opening Video | Winner List | Press Room
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist