AceShowbiz - DaBaby is ready to make a return. In a candid social media post, the "ROCKSTAR" spitter announced that he is ready to "bounce back" after controversy over his homophobic comments at the Rolling Loud Miami festival last year.
Making use of his Instagram Story on Wednesday, September 21, the 30-year-old hip-hop star wrote, "You better WATCH those people that BOUNCE BACK from EVERYTHING that was meant to DESTROY them!" He added, "Those are GOD'S people and they're NOT to be PLAYED WITH!"
Unfortunately, DaBaby's post drew criticism after being reposted by Hollywood Unlocked on Instagram. "You literally did it to yourself. No one is responsible but you! Why does he never take accountability?" one critic blasted. Another pointed out, "Great messages wrong messenger."
"i don't think buddy gonna bounce back… he couldn't even sell enough tickets for his show and the lowest ticket was $30," someone else opined, while another reminded him, "U buried urself bro. no one told u to say that stuff !!" referring to his homophobic remarks. A separate person asked, "What if you destroyed yourself?"
DaBaby received huge flak for his insensitive remarks about LGBTQ+ community during his set on Rolling Loud Miami 2021's final day on July 25. In between his performance, the "Suge" rapper told the audience, "If you didn't show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that'll make you die in two to three weeks, then put your cellphone lighter up. … Fellas, if you ain't sucking d**k in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up."
Following the controversial comments, the backlash came almost immediately. DaBaby initially showed no regret for making such comments and even doubled down on it as he urged people who were not physically at the event to "shut the f**k up." He, however, changed his tune after Dua Lipa removed him from a remix of her hit "Levitating".
More recently, his performance at the Smoothie King Arena in New Orleans on September 2 was canceled due to alleged low ticket sales. Responding to the rumors, the "Blame It on Baby" artist's booking agency said that the show "was pulled by the artist's team due to the promoter being in breach of contract."
Andrew Lieber, the CEO of the booking agency, later addressed Ticketmaster seating chart, which showed that less than 500 people purchased tickets. According to him, the chart isn't a viable source to assess sales.
Ticketmaster's listing for the event was deactivated with an announcement which read, "Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event." NOLA.com previously reported less than 500 tickets were purchased for an arena that can hold 14,000 concertgoers.