Oscar Winner Colin Firth Gives Surprise Visit to Ellen DeGeneres
Colin Firth thrilled U.S. TV personality Ellen DeGeneres during her morning meeting on Tuesday, March 1 by dropping by to show off his Oscar. The actor appeared on the comedienne's show last week and promised to return if he won gold on Sunday, February 27 for "The King's Speech".
Firth couldn't appear on the show because he had to dash back to England, so he decided to surprise Ellen on his way to the airport and thank her for the underwear gift she gave him the week before, and show off a pair he'd crafted for his award. He said, "I just had to drop by and thank you for the underwear."
The thrilled TV personality was so delighted by surprise guest, she picked up a tannoy speaker and yelled out of her window, "I have Colin Firth here... in my office, everybody... He won an Oscar for The King's Speech." Tourists traveling through the lot were also stunned to see Firth as DeGeneres escorted him out of her building.
He held up his Oscar and said, "Well, this is turning into an occasion!" DeGeneres aired the footage later on her daily show.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'