Prostitute Wants David Beckham to Testify in Court
Soccer superstar David Beckham may have to face a court battle over allegations he cheated on his wife Victoria Adams with a prostitute - the sex worker has filed legal documents asking lawyers to order him to testify.
On Monday, February 14 Beckham was dealt a blow as his libel lawsuit over the In Touch article detailing the claims by Irma Nici was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Manuel Real for failing to produce evidence editors published the story with malice.
Now Nici has filed legal documents calling for lawyers to serve the sportsman with a deposition ordering him to appear in court over her allegations, which his representative has previously branded "untrue and ridiculous".
Documents, obtained by Britain's Daily Mirror, reveal Beckham faces calls to be subjected to an "examination before an officer authorized to administer oaths" on February 24. Nici's attorney Paul Jensen is expecting Beckham to appeal the deposition, but he's adamant the star will have to go through with it at some point.
He tells the publication, "He may try to delay, reschedule or postpone it - but he can't avoid it."
More David Beckham News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video