Prostitute Wants David Beckham to Testify in Court
Soccer superstar David Beckham may have to face a court battle over allegations he cheated on his wife Victoria Adams with a prostitute - the sex worker has filed legal documents asking lawyers to order him to testify.
On Monday, February 14 Beckham was dealt a blow as his libel lawsuit over the In Touch article detailing the claims by Irma Nici was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Manuel Real for failing to produce evidence editors published the story with malice.
Now Nici has filed legal documents calling for lawyers to serve the sportsman with a deposition ordering him to appear in court over her allegations, which his representative has previously branded "untrue and ridiculous".
Documents, obtained by Britain's Daily Mirror, reveal Beckham faces calls to be subjected to an "examination before an officer authorized to administer oaths" on February 24. Nici's attorney Paul Jensen is expecting Beckham to appeal the deposition, but he's adamant the star will have to go through with it at some point.
He tells the publication, "He may try to delay, reschedule or postpone it - but he can't avoid it."
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie