Prostitute Wants David Beckham to Testify in Court
Soccer superstar David Beckham may have to face a court battle over allegations he cheated on his wife Victoria Adams with a prostitute - the sex worker has filed legal documents asking lawyers to order him to testify.
On Monday, February 14 Beckham was dealt a blow as his libel lawsuit over the In Touch article detailing the claims by Irma Nici was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Manuel Real for failing to produce evidence editors published the story with malice.
Now Nici has filed legal documents calling for lawyers to serve the sportsman with a deposition ordering him to appear in court over her allegations, which his representative has previously branded "untrue and ridiculous".
Documents, obtained by Britain's Daily Mirror, reveal Beckham faces calls to be subjected to an "examination before an officer authorized to administer oaths" on February 24. Nici's attorney Paul Jensen is expecting Beckham to appeal the deposition, but he's adamant the star will have to go through with it at some point.
He tells the publication, "He may try to delay, reschedule or postpone it - but he can't avoid it."
More David Beckham News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics