Lady GaGa Vows to Keep Fighting 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy
Lady GaGa has vowed to carry on fighting the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, aimed at homosexuals and bisexuals in the military, after the U.S. Senate voted against debating a new bill on the topic. The "Poker Face" hitmaker, who has been very outspoken against the policy in recent weeks, appeared at a rally in Maine on Monday, September 20 to further campaign against the ongoing military cover-up.
Despite gaining a lot of publicity and turning heads in Washington, D.C., GaGa's efforts were in vain - on Tuesday, September 21, a Republican-led filibuster blocked efforts to repeal the policy on gays serving openly in the military. But the singer has pledged to carry on fighting the ruling for the sake of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender (LGBT) community.
And GaGa is hoping her campaigning will inspire other young people to make a stand too. She says, "(It) was an enormous disappointment, for myself, and for many young American people. Not only because Don't Ask Don't Tell was not repealed by our Senators, but moreover because legislative procedure is being abused to stop public business, public debates, from happening while America is watching."
"There was a debate... we just didn't get to watch it. Instead, it has been customary now for antiquated procedures and partisan politics to take precedence over debate, America's needs, and today, sadly, over the needs of U.S. troops."
"I will keep fighting, I will not give up. I am passionate about the rights of the LGBT Community... and I will continue to activate as many young people as I can, and encourage them to get politically involved in their future."
More Lady GaGa News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner