Dennis Quaid Paved Way for Celebrities to Enter Rehab
Actor Dennis Quaid is convinced he paved the way for troubled celebrities to use rehabilitation centers - insisting he underwent intense treatment for drug addiction before it was "chic". The "Big Easy" actor became hooked on cocaine in the 1970s and ended up in California's St John's hospital for several weeks in a bid to conquer his demons.
And Quaid considers himself a trailblazer as he was "one of the first" to seek help at a dedicated treatment facility after experiencing an out-of-body experience. He tells Britain's The Times, "St John's hospital. I was in there for 28 days - one of the first people ever to go into rehab. Before they advertised it, before people did it to be chic."
"I wasn't even planning on quitting, to be honest with you, but I had one of those 'white light' experiences. I saw myself dead. Then I got a check-up and they told me my liver numbers were elevated and not in a good way. Cocaine's really hard on the liver. And of course you have to drink so much to smooth it out. Couple that with an hour's sleep a night, and well..."
More Dennis Quaid News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday