Lindsay Lohan Denies Tampering With SCRAM Bracelet
Lindsay Lohan's lawyer has slammed allegations the actress tampered with her alcohol-monitoring bracelet in a bid to block the reading during nights out. The troubled star was fitted with a SCRAM ankle bracelet in May after missing probation hearings related to her 2007 arrest for driving under the influence (DUI).
The device was set off in June, indicating the presence of alcohol in the actress' system - a violation of the terms of a court order which banned her from taking drugs or drinking booze. Lohan was rumored to have attempted to obstruct the SCRAM bracelet from taking samples of her sweat to test for the banned substances, with the data from the electronic anklet indicating tampering issues on two separate occasions.
But the "Mean Girls" star's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, has blasted the claims, blaming the suspicious readings on faults with the technology. She tells TMZ.com, "Lindsay adamantly denies tampering with the device. There are a number of people who were with her who could attest to the fact that she never tampered with her bracelet and there are well-documented problems with the SCRAM bracelet and the accuracy of its readings."
On Tuesday, July 6, Lohan was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating the probation of her 2007 arrest. However, Los Angeles court judge Marsha Revel refused to allow prosecutors to present evidence proving the actress was drinking when the SCRAM bracelet was set off. Instead, she ruled the probation hearing would only determine whether or not Lohan had attended the required number of mandatory alcohol education classes.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival