Debbie Reynolds to Miley Cyrus: Don't Rush Into Adulthood
Hollywood veteran Debbie Reynolds has urged Miley Cyrus not to rush into adulthood, because everyone is waiting for her to make a big mistake. The actress/singer fears the teenager is making too many controversial moves in a bid to shake off her wholesome good girl image - and she needs to sit down with her family and carefully plot the future.
Cyrus has been hit by a string of controversies, from showing too much skin in photos to pole dancing at award shows and dirty dancing at a wrap party. And now family groups are upset with her latest video for hit single "Can't Be Tamed", in which the pop star writhes around with dancers.
And in her weekly advice column in the Globe, Reynolds warns Cyrus not to take her act too far. She writes, "When I was a 16 year old working in Hollywood, I had two very strict parents and a movie studio to protect me. It was a different world in the 1950s."
"Today's young stars can't do anything without the whole world being able to see it," Reynolds adds. "Miley and her family need to be aware of this as she outgrows her child star image."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'