Debbie Reynolds to Miley Cyrus: Don't Rush Into Adulthood
Hollywood veteran Debbie Reynolds has urged Miley Cyrus not to rush into adulthood, because everyone is waiting for her to make a big mistake. The actress/singer fears the teenager is making too many controversial moves in a bid to shake off her wholesome good girl image - and she needs to sit down with her family and carefully plot the future.
Cyrus has been hit by a string of controversies, from showing too much skin in photos to pole dancing at award shows and dirty dancing at a wrap party. And now family groups are upset with her latest video for hit single "Can't Be Tamed", in which the pop star writhes around with dancers.
And in her weekly advice column in the Globe, Reynolds warns Cyrus not to take her act too far. She writes, "When I was a 16 year old working in Hollywood, I had two very strict parents and a movie studio to protect me. It was a different world in the 1950s."
"Today's young stars can't do anything without the whole world being able to see it," Reynolds adds. "Miley and her family need to be aware of this as she outgrows her child star image."
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic