Debbie Reynolds to Miley Cyrus: Don't Rush Into Adulthood
Hollywood veteran Debbie Reynolds has urged Miley Cyrus not to rush into adulthood, because everyone is waiting for her to make a big mistake. The actress/singer fears the teenager is making too many controversial moves in a bid to shake off her wholesome good girl image - and she needs to sit down with her family and carefully plot the future.
Cyrus has been hit by a string of controversies, from showing too much skin in photos to pole dancing at award shows and dirty dancing at a wrap party. And now family groups are upset with her latest video for hit single "Can't Be Tamed", in which the pop star writhes around with dancers.
And in her weekly advice column in the Globe, Reynolds warns Cyrus not to take her act too far. She writes, "When I was a 16 year old working in Hollywood, I had two very strict parents and a movie studio to protect me. It was a different world in the 1950s."
"Today's young stars can't do anything without the whole world being able to see it," Reynolds adds. "Miley and her family need to be aware of this as she outgrows her child star image."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character