Jennifer Hudson Denies Her New Album Received Negative Feedback
A representative for Jennifer Hudson has dismissed rumors the singer has been forced to re-record her upcoming album after receiving negative feedback from her label bosses. The singer/actress presented a new batch of songs, destined for her second record, to executives at EMI Publishing's recent presentation for songwriters and producers in New York.
J Records chiefs are rumored to have sent Hudson back to the studio to record additional tracks after her work garnered a poor reception at the event, but a rep for the Oscar-winner is adamant the reports are untrue - insisting Hudson is only part-way through work on the album.
The spokesman tells the New York Daily News, "We've received terrific feedback on the material. (Hudson is only) in the beginning stages (of recording the album)." The untitled record is reportedly due for release in September.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince