Jennifer Hudson Denies Her New Album Received Negative Feedback
A representative for Jennifer Hudson has dismissed rumors the singer has been forced to re-record her upcoming album after receiving negative feedback from her label bosses. The singer/actress presented a new batch of songs, destined for her second record, to executives at EMI Publishing's recent presentation for songwriters and producers in New York.
J Records chiefs are rumored to have sent Hudson back to the studio to record additional tracks after her work garnered a poor reception at the event, but a rep for the Oscar-winner is adamant the reports are untrue - insisting Hudson is only part-way through work on the album.
The spokesman tells the New York Daily News, "We've received terrific feedback on the material. (Hudson is only) in the beginning stages (of recording the album)." The untitled record is reportedly due for release in September.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby