BET Suspends Producer After Making Bad Joke About Beyonce and Jay-Z's Daughter
BET has reportedly suspended a producer after making joke about Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy. A source at the network claimed the producer was suspended after the ill-fitting comment about Blue Ivy's hair aired on Monday, August 25 on "106 & Park".
Previously, Karrueche Tran, who was the host at the music countdown show, recited a bad joke about Blue Ivy's hair, saying, "I really did wake up like this because my parents didn't comb my hair." After receiving backlash from Beyonce's fans, Karrueche and BET exec Stephen Hill issued apologies for the offense.
Karrueche told E! Online, "I am a huge Beyonce fan and I love Blue Ivy. I apologize for the comment and wish I had a chance to review the revised script so that I could have avoided participating in that segment...I love that Blue is able to wear her natural hair. I laugh when I am nervous and when I registered what I had just said, I of course was taken aback."
Meanwhile, Stephen tweeted, "Last night on '106 & Park' there was a stupid, unthoughtful joke made about a young child. We apologize publically to the child's parents (and have done so privately) and we have taken punitive actions with those responsible. It was very bad judgment and we will serve you much better in the future. Oh, and please don't hate on Karrueche; it was NOT her fault. We also apologize to her for putting her in that position."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary