BET Suspends Producer After Making Bad Joke About Beyonce and Jay-Z's Daughter
BET has reportedly suspended a producer after making joke about Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy. A source at the network claimed the producer was suspended after the ill-fitting comment about Blue Ivy's hair aired on Monday, August 25 on "106 & Park".
Previously, Karrueche Tran, who was the host at the music countdown show, recited a bad joke about Blue Ivy's hair, saying, "I really did wake up like this because my parents didn't comb my hair." After receiving backlash from Beyonce's fans, Karrueche and BET exec Stephen Hill issued apologies for the offense.
Karrueche told E! Online, "I am a huge Beyonce fan and I love Blue Ivy. I apologize for the comment and wish I had a chance to review the revised script so that I could have avoided participating in that segment...I love that Blue is able to wear her natural hair. I laugh when I am nervous and when I registered what I had just said, I of course was taken aback."
Meanwhile, Stephen tweeted, "Last night on '106 & Park' there was a stupid, unthoughtful joke made about a young child. We apologize publically to the child's parents (and have done so privately) and we have taken punitive actions with those responsible. It was very bad judgment and we will serve you much better in the future. Oh, and please don't hate on Karrueche; it was NOT her fault. We also apologize to her for putting her in that position."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts