Karrueche Tran, BET Exec Apologize for Dissing Blue Ivy's Hair
Karrueche Tran and a BET exec have apologized for a bad joke which Tran recited at BET's 106 & Park recently. During the hosting gig, Tran poked fun at Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's daughter Blue Ivy and her curly hair. "I really did wake up like this because my parents didn't comb my hair. Sorry, Blue! I love you!" she said.
The "Halo" singer's fans obviously did not take it well. Tran later took to Twitter to respond to the backlash. "Now y'all know I LOVE me some Beyonce and Blue Ivy! I didn't write this script y'all lol," Chris Brown's on-and-off girlfriend said in a Twitter post. "I am definitely team #BeyHive."
"I am a huge Beyonce fan and I love Blue Ivy. I apologize for the comment and wish I had a chance to review the revised script so that I could have avoided participating in that segment...I love that Blue is able to wear her natural hair. I laugh when I am nervous and when I registered what I had just said, I of course was taken aback," she explained further in a statement, as quoted by E! News.
BET's President of Music Programming and Specials, Stephen Hill, also shared that he had apologized to Queen Bey and her rapper husband. On Tuesday, August 26, he tweeted, "Last night on 106 & Park there was a stupid, unthoughtful joke made about a young child. We apologize publically to the child's parents (and have done so privately) and we have taken punitive actions with those responsible."
"It was very bad judgment and we will serve you much better in the future," Hill continued. "Oh, and please don't hate on Karrueche; it was NOT her fault. We also apologize to her for putting her in that position."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says