Michael Strahan Close to Signing Up for 'Good Morning America'
George Stephanopoulos may soon be joined by another male anchor on "Good Morning America". Words on the street are, Michael Strahan is hammering out the final details of a deal with the breakfast show.
"They're on the verge of signing the deal," a source tells the Daily News. "It could be announced this week." The talks reportedly began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave the show for NBC Sports.
Strahan reportedly will make frequent appearances on the ABC morning program and still keep his job on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His "Live!" co-host Kelly Ripa was also approached about joining "GMA", but she turned it down.
Following Elliott's sudden departure, Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel. Co-anchor Lara Spencer joked about this on Monday, March 31, saying, "The estrogen is flowing."
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover