Michael Strahan Close to Signing Up for 'Good Morning America'
George Stephanopoulos may soon be joined by another male anchor on "Good Morning America". Words on the street are, Michael Strahan is hammering out the final details of a deal with the breakfast show.
"They're on the verge of signing the deal," a source tells the Daily News. "It could be announced this week." The talks reportedly began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave the show for NBC Sports.
Strahan reportedly will make frequent appearances on the ABC morning program and still keep his job on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His "Live!" co-host Kelly Ripa was also approached about joining "GMA", but she turned it down.
Following Elliott's sudden departure, Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel. Co-anchor Lara Spencer joked about this on Monday, March 31, saying, "The estrogen is flowing."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'