Michael Strahan Close to Signing Up for 'Good Morning America'
George Stephanopoulos may soon be joined by another male anchor on "Good Morning America". Words on the street are, Michael Strahan is hammering out the final details of a deal with the breakfast show.
"They're on the verge of signing the deal," a source tells the Daily News. "It could be announced this week." The talks reportedly began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave the show for NBC Sports.
Strahan reportedly will make frequent appearances on the ABC morning program and still keep his job on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His "Live!" co-host Kelly Ripa was also approached about joining "GMA", but she turned it down.
Following Elliott's sudden departure, Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel. Co-anchor Lara Spencer joked about this on Monday, March 31, saying, "The estrogen is flowing."
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie