Michael Strahan Close to Signing Up for 'Good Morning America'
George Stephanopoulos may soon be joined by another male anchor on "Good Morning America". Words on the street are, Michael Strahan is hammering out the final details of a deal with the breakfast show.
"They're on the verge of signing the deal," a source tells the Daily News. "It could be announced this week." The talks reportedly began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave the show for NBC Sports.
Strahan reportedly will make frequent appearances on the ABC morning program and still keep his job on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His "Live!" co-host Kelly Ripa was also approached about joining "GMA", but she turned it down.
Following Elliott's sudden departure, Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel. Co-anchor Lara Spencer joked about this on Monday, March 31, saying, "The estrogen is flowing."
More Good Morning America News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered