Michael Strahan Close to Signing Up for 'Good Morning America'
George Stephanopoulos may soon be joined by another male anchor on "Good Morning America". Words on the street are, Michael Strahan is hammering out the final details of a deal with the breakfast show.
"They're on the verge of signing the deal," a source tells the Daily News. "It could be announced this week." The talks reportedly began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave the show for NBC Sports.
Strahan reportedly will make frequent appearances on the ABC morning program and still keep his job on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His "Live!" co-host Kelly Ripa was also approached about joining "GMA", but she turned it down.
Following Elliott's sudden departure, Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel. Co-anchor Lara Spencer joked about this on Monday, March 31, saying, "The estrogen is flowing."
More Good Morning America News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism