'American Idol' Results: Judges Don't Save Emily Piriz
"American Idol" has just had its first shocking elimination early in the final round. On Thursday, March 6, Emily Piriz got the boot though her cover of Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" got rave review from the original performer.
Emily landed in the bottom three along with M.K. Nobilette and Jena Irene, marking the second week in a row M.K. found herself in jeopardy. Emily sang for her life, choosing "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Though Keith Urban said on Wednesday that Emily's performance had secured her a spot in the Top 11, the judges decided not to save her. "Tonight, we have decided not to use the save," Harry Connick Jr. announced the verdict.
Earlier on the results show, Harry explained why he's often being harsh in his comments. "I was not hired as a mentor," he argued. "I was hired as a judge. I have a very short amount of time to be very specific with information I think will help you grow."
Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returned as a musical performer. He sang his new single "Raging Fire" and Irish band Kodaline sang their song called "All I Want". A video of the Top 12 filming themselves singing Phillips' "Home" was played on the show as well.
More American Idol News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier