'American Idol' Results: Judges Don't Save Emily Piriz
"American Idol" has just had its first shocking elimination early in the final round. On Thursday, March 6, Emily Piriz got the boot though her cover of Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" got rave review from the original performer.
Emily landed in the bottom three along with M.K. Nobilette and Jena Irene, marking the second week in a row M.K. found herself in jeopardy. Emily sang for her life, choosing "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Though Keith Urban said on Wednesday that Emily's performance had secured her a spot in the Top 11, the judges decided not to save her. "Tonight, we have decided not to use the save," Harry Connick Jr. announced the verdict.
Earlier on the results show, Harry explained why he's often being harsh in his comments. "I was not hired as a mentor," he argued. "I was hired as a judge. I have a very short amount of time to be very specific with information I think will help you grow."
Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returned as a musical performer. He sang his new single "Raging Fire" and Irish band Kodaline sang their song called "All I Want". A video of the Top 12 filming themselves singing Phillips' "Home" was played on the show as well.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones