'American Idol' Results: Judges Don't Save Emily Piriz
"American Idol" has just had its first shocking elimination early in the final round. On Thursday, March 6, Emily Piriz got the boot though her cover of Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" got rave review from the original performer.
Emily landed in the bottom three along with M.K. Nobilette and Jena Irene, marking the second week in a row M.K. found herself in jeopardy. Emily sang for her life, choosing "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Though Keith Urban said on Wednesday that Emily's performance had secured her a spot in the Top 11, the judges decided not to save her. "Tonight, we have decided not to use the save," Harry Connick Jr. announced the verdict.
Earlier on the results show, Harry explained why he's often being harsh in his comments. "I was not hired as a mentor," he argued. "I was hired as a judge. I have a very short amount of time to be very specific with information I think will help you grow."
Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returned as a musical performer. He sang his new single "Raging Fire" and Irish band Kodaline sang their song called "All I Want". A video of the Top 12 filming themselves singing Phillips' "Home" was played on the show as well.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'