'American Idol' Results: Judges Don't Save Emily Piriz
"American Idol" has just had its first shocking elimination early in the final round. On Thursday, March 6, Emily Piriz got the boot though her cover of Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" got rave review from the original performer.
Emily landed in the bottom three along with M.K. Nobilette and Jena Irene, marking the second week in a row M.K. found herself in jeopardy. Emily sang for her life, choosing "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Though Keith Urban said on Wednesday that Emily's performance had secured her a spot in the Top 11, the judges decided not to save her. "Tonight, we have decided not to use the save," Harry Connick Jr. announced the verdict.
Earlier on the results show, Harry explained why he's often being harsh in his comments. "I was not hired as a mentor," he argued. "I was hired as a judge. I have a very short amount of time to be very specific with information I think will help you grow."
Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returned as a musical performer. He sang his new single "Raging Fire" and Irish band Kodaline sang their song called "All I Want". A video of the Top 12 filming themselves singing Phillips' "Home" was played on the show as well.
More American Idol News
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party