'American Idol' Results: Judges Don't Save Emily Piriz
"American Idol" has just had its first shocking elimination early in the final round. On Thursday, March 6, Emily Piriz got the boot though her cover of Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" got rave review from the original performer.
Emily landed in the bottom three along with M.K. Nobilette and Jena Irene, marking the second week in a row M.K. found herself in jeopardy. Emily sang for her life, choosing "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Though Keith Urban said on Wednesday that Emily's performance had secured her a spot in the Top 11, the judges decided not to save her. "Tonight, we have decided not to use the save," Harry Connick Jr. announced the verdict.
Earlier on the results show, Harry explained why he's often being harsh in his comments. "I was not hired as a mentor," he argued. "I was hired as a judge. I have a very short amount of time to be very specific with information I think will help you grow."
Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returned as a musical performer. He sang his new single "Raging Fire" and Irish band Kodaline sang their song called "All I Want". A video of the Top 12 filming themselves singing Phillips' "Home" was played on the show as well.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?