Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Release Their Own Wine
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will release their first wine, a 2012 vintage pink rose, on March 15. The couple will name the line Miraval after their 1,000-acre estate with vineyards in southwestern France from where the grapes for the wine are harvested.
The wine bottle will have a label which reads, "Bottled by Jolie-Pitt and Perrin." Perrin refers to a winemaker Marc Perrin whose family is well-respected in winemaking circles. "We are intimately involved and quite enthused over the wine project with our friends the Perrin family," Pitt said through his representative on Wednesday, February 13.
"If you knew Brad and Angelina, you would see they are in search of perfection in everything," Perrin said. "We talked a lot and did the first harvest together. They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine."
Before being named Miraval, Pitt and Jolie's wine was formerly named Pink Floyd because the iconic rock band recorded their 1979 album "The Wall" on the estate's private recording studio. Pitt and Jolie bought Miraval's property in 2011 for approximately US$60 million after renting it for three years. Miraval's property includes a 160-acre valley with ideal grape-growing conditions.
"The terroir, the freshness that comes from the altitude, and the exposition of the vines are all incredible," Perrin added. "For us as winemakers, it's a wonderful opportunity to work with grapes that we know well, in an environment where striving for quality is the most important thing."
More Brad Pitt News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes