Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Release Their Own Wine
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will release their first wine, a 2012 vintage pink rose, on March 15. The couple will name the line Miraval after their 1,000-acre estate with vineyards in southwestern France from where the grapes for the wine are harvested.
The wine bottle will have a label which reads, "Bottled by Jolie-Pitt and Perrin." Perrin refers to a winemaker Marc Perrin whose family is well-respected in winemaking circles. "We are intimately involved and quite enthused over the wine project with our friends the Perrin family," Pitt said through his representative on Wednesday, February 13.
"If you knew Brad and Angelina, you would see they are in search of perfection in everything," Perrin said. "We talked a lot and did the first harvest together. They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine."
Before being named Miraval, Pitt and Jolie's wine was formerly named Pink Floyd because the iconic rock band recorded their 1979 album "The Wall" on the estate's private recording studio. Pitt and Jolie bought Miraval's property in 2011 for approximately US$60 million after renting it for three years. Miraval's property includes a 160-acre valley with ideal grape-growing conditions.
"The terroir, the freshness that comes from the altitude, and the exposition of the vines are all incredible," Perrin added. "For us as winemakers, it's a wonderful opportunity to work with grapes that we know well, in an environment where striving for quality is the most important thing."
More Brad Pitt News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal