Octomom Goes Back on Welfare After Rehab
It's been only five months since Nadya Suleman got off welfare but now the Octomom has signed up once again for the much-needed government assistance. The mother, who came into international attention for giving birth to octuplets back in 2009, has gone back on welfare after her savings were depleted following her rehab back in October.
Suleman entered the Chapman House Rehabilitation Center in California to cure her addiction to the anti-anxiety drug Xanax. The mother of 14 kids, who already had 6 kids prior to having the octuplets, earned substantially from doing porn with "Octomom: Home Alone" and other strip club gigs but had apparently used up all her savings on her rehab, forcing her to sign up again for welfare.
She will reportedly get a monthly assistance of $1,800 for food, $1,000 for emergencies, and Medi-Cal support to help with mental heath and dental needs. Already unemployed and depending on public assistance before conceiving the octuplets, Octomom told sources she would be staying on welfare until she could get back on her feet again.
Suleman received negative public reaction after it was made known that she conceived the octuplets via in-vitro fertilization (IVF) after she already had 6 children while living on public assistance programs. She started the IVF treatments as early as 1997 resulting to the conception and birth of four individual children and a set of fraternal twins for Suleman prior to her bearing the octuplets, who had made her infamous since the high-risk, high-mortality rate multiple birth may have been done with assisted reproductive technology.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her