Report: Kristen Stewart Signs On to 'Snow White' Sequel but Rupert Sanders Is Out
Kristen Stewart will likely not reunite with director Rupert Sanders for the Snow White and the Huntsman sequel, if Radar Online can be trusted. The site shares the words that the "Twilight Saga" actress has officially signed on to reprise her role as the fair-skinned princess, but the English helmer, who was caught making out with the actress earlier this year, won't be part of the sequel to the movie that has rocketed his name in filmmaking world.
An insider tells the site, "The script has already been written and production will begin late next year." The source adds, "However, Rupert Sanders definitely won't be a part of the project. Rupert didn't want to be a part of it to begin with because he is desperately still trying to save his marriage. The search is still on for a new director."
This new report is quite contrary to previous report suggesting that Rupert might return to helm the sequel, which has been planned to focus more on Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman. Kristen herself recently said that "no one's positive or anything" related to the sequel project. She told The Hollywood Reporter, "But I think there's a strong possibility."
Back in August, THR reported that Kristen was dropped out of the fairytale franchise following her much-publicized cheating scandal with Rupert. Universal Pictures, however, brushed off the report, "We are extremely proud of Snow White and the Huntsman and we're currently exploring all options to continue the franchise. Any reports that Kristen Stewart has been dropped are false."
Kristen herself was reportedly "panicking" about her career prospect after the "Snow White" cheating scandal. An insider says, "Kristen is extremely concerned about her acting career. Other than the Snow White sequel she isn't attached to any other projects. There are scripts coming in, but not as many good ones as she would like."
"It's distressing to Kristen that Rob [Robert Pattinson] is attached to four separate movies over the next year-and-a-half. Even her Twilight co-stars, Taylor Lautner and Ashley Greene, are more in demand than ever, with both committed to two different movies each. Kristen just hopes that that the fallout over her relationship with Rupert doesn't hurt her career."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'