Kristen Stewart NOT Dropped From 'Snow White', Set to Promote 'On the Road' at TIFF
Kristen Stewart could still reprise her titular role in the "Snow White and the Huntsman" sequel. Contrary to recent swirling rumors suggesting that Stewart has been dropped from the trilogy, Universal Pictures has made it clear that the 22-year-old actress is still attached to the franchise.
"We are extremely proud of Snow White and the Huntsman and we're currently exploring all options to continue the franchise," so Universal Co-Chairman Donna Langley claimed in an official statement. "Any reports that Kristen Stewart has been dropped are false."
Previously, The Hollywood Reporter shared reports that Universal has decided to shelf the planned sequel to "Snow White" following Stewart's cheating scandal with the film's director Rupert Sanders. It was said that the follow-up movie would be transformed into a spin-off which focuses on Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman.
Furthermore, the site noted that Sanders might still be attached to helm the possible Huntsman movie. However, the film must find a new screenwriter since David Koepp has decided to exit the project. Words are, the studio aims a July 2013 start date for the film, right after Hemsworth wraps "Thor: The Dark World".
In another Kristen Stewart news, the "Twilight Saga" actress is expected to resurface from her hiding and make a public appearance in the near future. She will head to Canada next month to promote her new film "On the Road" at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
The festival announced on Tuesday, August 14 that the film based on Jack Kerouac's novel would throw a special presentation during the fest. As fans started speculating on whether Stewart would attend the red carpet event or not, an insider claimed to E! News, "Kristen will be there."
It is still unclear whether TIFF will mark Stewart's first public appearance post her scandal since she's still expected to attend the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles on September 6. "On the Road" will come out in the U.S. theaters on December 21.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal