Report: Randy Jackson Downsized From Judge to Mentor on 'American Idol'
It looks like there will be a completely new set of judges on "American Idol" next season. It has been reported that longtime judge Randy Jackson has bowed out of his position to take on a smaller role as mentor.
Jackson has been with the show since season 1 and he is not happy with the executives' decision to move him. "Producers definitely wanted Randy off the judging panel, and proposed to make him a mentor," a source told Page Six. "Not surprisingly, Randy wasn't too happy about that and tried to negotiate a bigger role. The situation has not been sorted out."
However, things are yet confirmed because the execs have not found a big male star to sit in Jackson's position. "At the moment the show is in disarray, as they still need to sign another male star to the panel," the source added.
Rumor has it, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are being wooed to take the job alongside the already-confirmed Mariah Carey. The other judge in consideration is Nicki Minaj.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says