Report: Randy Jackson Downsized From Judge to Mentor on 'American Idol'
It looks like there will be a completely new set of judges on "American Idol" next season. It has been reported that longtime judge Randy Jackson has bowed out of his position to take on a smaller role as mentor.
Jackson has been with the show since season 1 and he is not happy with the executives' decision to move him. "Producers definitely wanted Randy off the judging panel, and proposed to make him a mentor," a source told Page Six. "Not surprisingly, Randy wasn't too happy about that and tried to negotiate a bigger role. The situation has not been sorted out."
However, things are yet confirmed because the execs have not found a big male star to sit in Jackson's position. "At the moment the show is in disarray, as they still need to sign another male star to the panel," the source added.
Rumor has it, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are being wooed to take the job alongside the already-confirmed Mariah Carey. The other judge in consideration is Nicki Minaj.
More American Idol News
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think