Report: Randy Jackson Downsized From Judge to Mentor on 'American Idol'
It looks like there will be a completely new set of judges on "American Idol" next season. It has been reported that longtime judge Randy Jackson has bowed out of his position to take on a smaller role as mentor.
Jackson has been with the show since season 1 and he is not happy with the executives' decision to move him. "Producers definitely wanted Randy off the judging panel, and proposed to make him a mentor," a source told Page Six. "Not surprisingly, Randy wasn't too happy about that and tried to negotiate a bigger role. The situation has not been sorted out."
However, things are yet confirmed because the execs have not found a big male star to sit in Jackson's position. "At the moment the show is in disarray, as they still need to sign another male star to the panel," the source added.
Rumor has it, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are being wooed to take the job alongside the already-confirmed Mariah Carey. The other judge in consideration is Nicki Minaj.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby