Report: Randy Jackson Downsized From Judge to Mentor on 'American Idol'
It looks like there will be a completely new set of judges on "American Idol" next season. It has been reported that longtime judge Randy Jackson has bowed out of his position to take on a smaller role as mentor.
Jackson has been with the show since season 1 and he is not happy with the executives' decision to move him. "Producers definitely wanted Randy off the judging panel, and proposed to make him a mentor," a source told Page Six. "Not surprisingly, Randy wasn't too happy about that and tried to negotiate a bigger role. The situation has not been sorted out."
However, things are yet confirmed because the execs have not found a big male star to sit in Jackson's position. "At the moment the show is in disarray, as they still need to sign another male star to the panel," the source added.
Rumor has it, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are being wooed to take the job alongside the already-confirmed Mariah Carey. The other judge in consideration is Nicki Minaj.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'