Report: Randy Jackson Downsized From Judge to Mentor on 'American Idol'
It looks like there will be a completely new set of judges on "American Idol" next season. It has been reported that longtime judge Randy Jackson has bowed out of his position to take on a smaller role as mentor.
Jackson has been with the show since season 1 and he is not happy with the executives' decision to move him. "Producers definitely wanted Randy off the judging panel, and proposed to make him a mentor," a source told Page Six. "Not surprisingly, Randy wasn't too happy about that and tried to negotiate a bigger role. The situation has not been sorted out."
However, things are yet confirmed because the execs have not found a big male star to sit in Jackson's position. "At the moment the show is in disarray, as they still need to sign another male star to the panel," the source added.
Rumor has it, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are being wooed to take the job alongside the already-confirmed Mariah Carey. The other judge in consideration is Nicki Minaj.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!