Jason Sudeikis Interested in Returning to 'SNL', but in Different Role
Jason Sudeikis is still mulling over a decision about whether or not he will stay for a new season of "Saturday Night Live" that kicks off this fall. The 36-year-old actor/comedian admits he's still open to the possibility of him staying on the variety show, but wants to take a new responsibility on the NBC weekend program.
"I'd like the opportunity to use creative muscles that ... haven't been asked of me for the first nine years that I've worked there," the Mitch depicter in "The Campaign" told Los Angeles Times during an interview done at a Sunset Strip hotel. "It could be some sort of title change."
He added, "The least of the concerns is anything financial. I'm not buying a boat because of writing skits. It's more having a desire to give more to a place I really believe in. To stay just for the juice of being in the public eye - of being Mitt Romney - is not enough."
Talking about how he prepares himself before imitating someone, Sudeikis claimed he doesn't spend hours of doing research about the public figure. "I usually just watch something for a couple minutes," so he shared. "I'll be more inclined to read something about someone and figure out what external influences make him who he is or what he is than poring over tapes."
While Sudeikis hasn't ruled out possibility of him returning to "SNL" for another season, his co-stars Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg exited the show at the end of last season. Wiig got an emotional send-off in the season finale, while Samberg hinted at his departure by starring in digital short "Lazy Sunday 2".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences