Video: Andy Samberg Hints at His 'SNL' Exit in 'Lazy Sunday 2'
Kristen Wiig was reportedly not the only regular cast member who left "Saturday Night Live" in the season finale. Andy Samberg was believed to be bidding a farewell in a less explicit way, by starring in digital short "Lazy Sunday 2".
The clip, which serves as a sequel to the viral hip-hop hit that made Samberg a breakout star on the variety show back in 2005, features him teaming up with his "Lazy Sunday" collaborator Chris Parnell. As Parnell spits his verse, "That's how it began," the Gerry Perry of "What's Your Number?" replies, "And that's how I'ma finish it." His line suggests that he's done with the NBC show.
In the May 19 episode hosted by Mick Jagger, Wiig was given an emotional send-off by other cast members. She was announced as "one particular student who is leaving this summer," before the show's stars took turn to have different styles of dance with the Bridesmaids" actress.
Jason Sudeikis was also rumored to be leaving the show, but it's still not confirmed.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video