Video: Andy Samberg Hints at His 'SNL' Exit in 'Lazy Sunday 2'
Kristen Wiig was reportedly not the only regular cast member who left "Saturday Night Live" in the season finale. Andy Samberg was believed to be bidding a farewell in a less explicit way, by starring in digital short "Lazy Sunday 2".
The clip, which serves as a sequel to the viral hip-hop hit that made Samberg a breakout star on the variety show back in 2005, features him teaming up with his "Lazy Sunday" collaborator Chris Parnell. As Parnell spits his verse, "That's how it began," the Gerry Perry of "What's Your Number?" replies, "And that's how I'ma finish it." His line suggests that he's done with the NBC show.
In the May 19 episode hosted by Mick Jagger, Wiig was given an emotional send-off by other cast members. She was announced as "one particular student who is leaving this summer," before the show's stars took turn to have different styles of dance with the Bridesmaids" actress.
Jason Sudeikis was also rumored to be leaving the show, but it's still not confirmed.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'