Video: Andy Samberg Hints at His 'SNL' Exit in 'Lazy Sunday 2'
Kristen Wiig was reportedly not the only regular cast member who left "Saturday Night Live" in the season finale. Andy Samberg was believed to be bidding a farewell in a less explicit way, by starring in digital short "Lazy Sunday 2".
The clip, which serves as a sequel to the viral hip-hop hit that made Samberg a breakout star on the variety show back in 2005, features him teaming up with his "Lazy Sunday" collaborator Chris Parnell. As Parnell spits his verse, "That's how it began," the Gerry Perry of "What's Your Number?" replies, "And that's how I'ma finish it." His line suggests that he's done with the NBC show.
In the May 19 episode hosted by Mick Jagger, Wiig was given an emotional send-off by other cast members. She was announced as "one particular student who is leaving this summer," before the show's stars took turn to have different styles of dance with the Bridesmaids" actress.
Jason Sudeikis was also rumored to be leaving the show, but it's still not confirmed.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers