Lady GaGa's Manager Compares Indonesians' Protest Against Her Concert to Crucifixion
Lady GaGa recently canceled her concert in Jakarta, Indonesia after some Muslim hardliners took offense at her stage act. Being interviewed at the Music Matters conference in Singapore, her manager Troy Carter opened up about how he saw the controversy and compared the protest to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
"The way I look at it... It's less about GaGa than it really is what's happening in the world right now as a whole," he said when asked if he's upset about the protest. Realizing that such kind of situation can't be avoided, he added, "This is a microcosm. It's a generational divide... Jesus Christ got crucified. It happens."
Still, Carter didn't rule out the possibility of GaGa throwing a show in Jakarta in the future, as long as they get the permit. Asked if they are willing to tone down GaGa's racy costume to get accepted by wider market, Carter said without a doubt, "We'll skip them."
When talking about the Little Monsters in Asia in general, Carter had nothing but praise. "Asia is a very loyal audience and an audience that really, really loves music... It's not a passive audience at all," he stated. "We plan on spending a lot more time here."
During the interview, Carter refused to share details on the 26-year-old artist's upcoming album, but confirmed, "We have I think three records left with Universal [Interscope]." Also on the same occasion, he compared the "Judas" songstress to a "200-lb toddler" when asked if she has "made it" yet.
In another news, GaGa has given an update on her condition after suffering concussion during a concert in New Zealand. "Went for an MRI," she tweeted on Wednesday, June 20, before jokingly adding, "No harm from the concussion but it appears my brain is just water and a large floating jellyfish."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture