Lady GaGa's Camp Cancels Indonesian Concert Over Security Concerns
After weeks of negotiations and discussions, Lady GaGa's concert is canceled officially. The decision came from the "Born This Way" singer's side over security concerns especially after Islamic groups made a threat about imposing violence if the concert goes on as scheduled.
"Lady GaGa's management has considered the situation minute to minute, and with threats if the concert goes ahead, Lady GaGa's side is calling off the concert," Minola Sebayang, lawyer for promoters Big Daddy, told reporters on Sunday, May 27, adding "This is not only about Lady GaGa's security, but extends to those who will be watching her."
The Islamic hard-liners said GaGa brings bad influence to the world's most populous Muslim country with her sexy clothes, provocative dance moves and music that promotes homosexuality. The authorities have requested for GaGa to tone down the performance but GaGa's manager said they will perform "the way it is".
As many as 50,000 tickets have been sold. Organizers could not find another venue to accommodate such large audience anywhere in Indonesia. "This is a huge concert so it can't be moved elsewhere. Nowhere else in Indonesia can accommodate that many people," Big Daddy president director Michael Rusli said, adding it is "unfortunate" that the June 3 concert has to be canceled in the end.
More Lady GaGa News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer