John Travolta Scandal: Attorney for First Accuser Apologized for Wrong Date
The first man accusing John Travolta of assault and sexual harassment has been dropped by his lawyer. On Friday, May 11, attorney Okorie Okorocha confirmed that John Doe No. 1 had made a mistake on the date Travolta allegedly groped him during a massage session, and offered an apology to the 58-year-old actor's lawyer for the error.
When addressing the wrong date, Okorocha told CNN, "I want to apologize to Martin Singer. It must be very upsetting." The attorney, who is based in Pasadena, California, continued to say, "I believed I was on solid ground or I wouldn't have given the dates on any court papers or to Mr. Singer," before saying that John Doe No. 1 will get "a fresh lawyer to handle the case."
To New York Daily News, Okorocha pointed out that John Doe No. 1 "passed a lie detector test." The lawyer added, "I filed the original complaint based on information that had been out for a couple of months and was vetted by a lie detector. I don't know what else can increase a client's credibility more. I had thought [the date] was correct. But somebody made a mistake somewhere."
In his $2 million lawsuit against Travolta, John Doe No. 1 said that the husband of Kelly Preston made sexual advances at him inside a private bungalow at Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles on January 16. His claims, however, were contradicted by photos, a restaurant receipt and airline records that prove the actor was, at time of the incident, in New York City.
After John Doe No. 1 filed the lawsuit, two more men have come forward with similar accusations. The second alleged victim was also a masseur. He claimed that his incident with the Hollywood actor occurred at an Atlanta hotel on January 25. The third victim has been identified as Fabian Zanzi, a former Royal Caribbean cruise ship employee.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip