'American Idol' Results: Elise Testone Sent Back Home
Another contestant has reached the end of her "American Idol" journey. After two weeks of shocking elimination episodes, the FOX singing competition narrowed down the remaining Top 6 to five on Thursday, April 26 night by revealing that Elise Testone was the one who has to bid goodbye this week.
Being the oldest of season 11's finalists, the 28-year-old teacher from Charleston, South Carolina had survived several trips to the bottom three before, but received the fewest viewer votes out of the reported 58 million votes cast following Wednesday's performance episode. She was joined by Hollie Cavanagh and Skylar Laine.
Testone received mixed reviews from the judges for her performance of Queen's "I Want It All" and Jimi Hendrix's "Bold as Love". While Jennifer Lopez praised her rendition of "I Want It All", Randy Jackson told her that her second choice of song "wasn't the right song for this time in the competition." In the end, she exited the show singing Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love".
The Thursday show was kicked off with a performance of "Somebody to Love" by an official Queen tribute band dubbed The Queen Extravaganza. It also saw season 10 contestant Stefano Langone delivering his debut single "I'm on a Roll", and Katy Perry presenting a military-themed "Part of Me".
More American Idol News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West