Sarah Jessica Parker Officially Picked to Replace Demi Moore in 'Lovelace'
"Lovelace" has found a new actress to take over Demi Moore's role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem. Entertainment Weekly has broken the news that the estranged wife of Ashton Kutcher will be replaced by none other than "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker.
Previously, Us Weekly suggested that the producers were eyeing "Weeds" actress Mary-Louise Parker to tackle the part. However, the report was debunked as Parker officially signed on to the project on Friday, January 27. She is scheduled to begin filming on Monday.
By joining the biopic project, the "New Year's Eve" actress is set to star opposite Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, Juno Temple, Sharon Stone, Adam Brody, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria and James Franco among other notable stars.
Parker's character, Steinem, was the founder of Ms. Magazine, which published the infamous article "The Real Linda Lovelace" that revealed Linda's relationship with her abusive husband Chuck Traynor. She also wrote "Out of Bondage", an introduction for Linda's 1986 memoir.
On Tuesday, January 24, Demi Moore's representative confirmed that the actress decided to exit the Linda Lovelace biopic. The decision was made following her headline-grabber hospitalization on Monday night. Her rep explained that Moore has chosen to "seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health."
"Lovelace", which has begun filming in Los Angeles since December 2011, centers on the life of iconic porn star Linda Lovelace. She was just a schoolgirl in Florida before she met and married Chuck, who transformed her as the world's most famous adult film star. Helming the anticipated movie are filmmaker duo Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show