Sarah Jessica Parker Officially Picked to Replace Demi Moore in 'Lovelace'
"Lovelace" has found a new actress to take over Demi Moore's role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem. Entertainment Weekly has broken the news that the estranged wife of Ashton Kutcher will be replaced by none other than "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker.
Previously, Us Weekly suggested that the producers were eyeing "Weeds" actress Mary-Louise Parker to tackle the part. However, the report was debunked as Parker officially signed on to the project on Friday, January 27. She is scheduled to begin filming on Monday.
By joining the biopic project, the "New Year's Eve" actress is set to star opposite Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, Juno Temple, Sharon Stone, Adam Brody, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria and James Franco among other notable stars.
Parker's character, Steinem, was the founder of Ms. Magazine, which published the infamous article "The Real Linda Lovelace" that revealed Linda's relationship with her abusive husband Chuck Traynor. She also wrote "Out of Bondage", an introduction for Linda's 1986 memoir.
On Tuesday, January 24, Demi Moore's representative confirmed that the actress decided to exit the Linda Lovelace biopic. The decision was made following her headline-grabber hospitalization on Monday night. Her rep explained that Moore has chosen to "seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health."
"Lovelace", which has begun filming in Los Angeles since December 2011, centers on the life of iconic porn star Linda Lovelace. She was just a schoolgirl in Florida before she met and married Chuck, who transformed her as the world's most famous adult film star. Helming the anticipated movie are filmmaker duo Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber