Demi Moore Seeks Help to Treat Exhaustion Amid Substance Abuse Rumors
Demi Moore has caught the headlines with reports that she has been rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles on Monday, January 23 night. While words ran rampant that the "Margin Call" actress was hospitalized because of substance abuse, her representative claimed that she was treated for exhaustion.
In a statement released to the press, a rep for the estranged wife of Ashton Kutcher said, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health." The rep added, "She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
As for Moore's hospitalization, TMZ reported that paramedics went to 49-year-old Moore's home after a 911 call was made at 10:45 P.M. on Monday night. Accordingly, the "LOL" actress was taken to a local hospital after being assessed for a half hour. She is now said being placed in a facility to receive treatment.
The news of Moore seeking professional assistance came just months after she announced her decision to end her six-year marriage to Kutcher. Back in November 2011, the Hollywood beauty said, "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
More Demi Moore News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed