Demi Moore Seeks Help to Treat Exhaustion Amid Substance Abuse Rumors
Demi Moore has caught the headlines with reports that she has been rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles on Monday, January 23 night. While words ran rampant that the "Margin Call" actress was hospitalized because of substance abuse, her representative claimed that she was treated for exhaustion.
In a statement released to the press, a rep for the estranged wife of Ashton Kutcher said, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health." The rep added, "She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
As for Moore's hospitalization, TMZ reported that paramedics went to 49-year-old Moore's home after a 911 call was made at 10:45 P.M. on Monday night. Accordingly, the "LOL" actress was taken to a local hospital after being assessed for a half hour. She is now said being placed in a facility to receive treatment.
The news of Moore seeking professional assistance came just months after she announced her decision to end her six-year marriage to Kutcher. Back in November 2011, the Hollywood beauty said, "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
More Demi Moore News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl