Demi Moore Seeks Help to Treat Exhaustion Amid Substance Abuse Rumors
Demi Moore has caught the headlines with reports that she has been rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles on Monday, January 23 night. While words ran rampant that the "Margin Call" actress was hospitalized because of substance abuse, her representative claimed that she was treated for exhaustion.
In a statement released to the press, a rep for the estranged wife of Ashton Kutcher said, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health." The rep added, "She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
As for Moore's hospitalization, TMZ reported that paramedics went to 49-year-old Moore's home after a 911 call was made at 10:45 P.M. on Monday night. Accordingly, the "LOL" actress was taken to a local hospital after being assessed for a half hour. She is now said being placed in a facility to receive treatment.
The news of Moore seeking professional assistance came just months after she announced her decision to end her six-year marriage to Kutcher. Back in November 2011, the Hollywood beauty said, "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'