Lady GaGa's Former Assistant Sues for Overtime
Lady GaGa is named in a lawsuit issued by her former assistant. Jennifer O'Neill is unhappy that Mermaid Touring Company made her a slave to GaGa during her days as an employee, demanding the overtime cost that she claimed to earn.
Among the things that O'Neill used as example of how she worked really hard for GaGa were fetching a towel after GaGa showered and keeping the singer on schedule. She specifically stated in the lawsuit that her job included "ensuring the promptness of a towel following a shower and serving as a personal alarm clock to keep [GaGa] on schedule."
O'Neill also claimed she had to serve GaGa in "stadiums, private jets, fine hotel suites, yachts, ferries, trains and tour buses." As an assistant, she was told to be on GaGa's side and call her at "earliest waking hour".
O'Neill is now asking $380,000 in overtime for the extra 7,168 hours during her 13-months employment. She did not name GaGa as a defendant but the singer's representative said that the lawsuit is "completely without merit."
More Lady GaGa News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs