Jay-Z Hints 'Watch the Throne' Sequel With Kanye West in 2012
Due to the success of "Watch the Throne", Jay-Z plans to return to the studio and recreate his duet magic with Kanye West for an album sequel. The Roc Nation founder drops a hint when talking to MTV News about what to expect from him in year 2012.
"It depends on how this thing finishes up," he says before adding, "We - I say 'we' because I'm in Throne mode - we're in a great place creatively. You might see a Jay, then Kanye and a Throne album next year. You know, we're really in a great place creatively. We really found our zone."
"Watch the Throne" was released last summer and debuted at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with a total of 436,000 copies sold. Back then, the number placed the two rappers right behind Lady GaGa as a music act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster held the record with her "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million last July.
As more albums were released during the following weeks, Jay-Z and Kanye were pushed down to the fourth place in the list of biggest sales week. They gave up the runner-up place to Lil Wayne with his "Tha Carter IV" (964,000), and lost the third spot to Drake who claimed the spot with his "Take Care" (675,000).
They redeem themselves when the album is nominated for Best Rap Album at the 54th annual Grammy Awards against Weezy's "Tha Carter IV", Lupe Fiasco's "Lasers", Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday", and Kanye's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Its single "Otis" is up for Best Rap Song against Kanye's "All of the Lights", Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow", Dr. Dre's "I Need a Doctor", Chris Brown's "Look at Me Now", and Lupe's "The Show Goes On".
More Jay-Z News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!