Magazine Apologizes for Gay Question to Taylor Lautner
The conflict between GQ Australia and director Dustin Lance Black has ended with an apology from the magazine. "We've seen some of the comments floating around regarding our recent interview with Taylor Lautner and apologize if anyone was offended by anything in the article," GQ wrote on their Facebook page.
Lautner was questioned by one of the mag's writers whether Black and Gus Van Sant, who are both openly gay, hit on him during a recent dinner. Lautner replied, "No, definitely not. I think they know I'm straight. But they're great guys. They're a lot of fun."
Black did not take the question lightly, writing on his blog, "Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I'm shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators."
Further in its apology, GQ wrote, "It certainly wasn't our intention to paint anyone in the story as a sexual predator. The point we were actually trying to push was that Taylor is irresistible to virtually everyone - regardless of sexuality or gender. Hence the film crew cheering at his shirtless scenes while shooting 'Twilight', and Mark Wahlberg deeming him better looking than Leonardo DiCaprio."
More Taylor Lautner News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular