Dustin Lance Black Angry About Gay Question for Taylor Lautner
Taylor Lautner has declared in an interview with GQ Australia that he's straight after rumors spread that he swings both ways, but the problem doesn't lie in his answer. Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black has slammed the magazine for asking the "Twilight" actor such question to find out whether Lautner is gay or not.
Lautner was asked whether Black and fellow gay director Gus Van Sant had made a pass at him when they had dinner together at a restaurant last summer. The actor replied, "No, definitely not. I think they know I'm straight. But they're great guys. They're a lot of fun."
Black took this issue more seriously, writing in his new blog, "Really Mr. GQ writer? I'm curious, will you be asking all of the handsome actors I've ever had the privilege of working with or meeting if I made passes at them as well?" He continued, "I'd love to be there when you ask Sean Penn [Lead actor in Black's 'Milk'] that same question. Or, Mr. GQ writer, were you projecting your own unprofessional desires onto me and Gus?"
"Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I'm shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators. I mean, would you have asked this same question if it were Diablo Cody and Kathryn Bigelow at dinner with Mr. Lautner?"
On the last note, he added, "Leaning on lies, myths and stereotypes about gay people is hateful, harmful and outdated. It's not the 1950s anymore GQ, it's 2011 and it's time to grow up." GQ Australia has not responded.
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series