Dustin Lance Black Angry About Gay Question for Taylor Lautner
Taylor Lautner has declared in an interview with GQ Australia that he's straight after rumors spread that he swings both ways, but the problem doesn't lie in his answer. Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black has slammed the magazine for asking the "Twilight" actor such question to find out whether Lautner is gay or not.
Lautner was asked whether Black and fellow gay director Gus Van Sant had made a pass at him when they had dinner together at a restaurant last summer. The actor replied, "No, definitely not. I think they know I'm straight. But they're great guys. They're a lot of fun."
Black took this issue more seriously, writing in his new blog, "Really Mr. GQ writer? I'm curious, will you be asking all of the handsome actors I've ever had the privilege of working with or meeting if I made passes at them as well?" He continued, "I'd love to be there when you ask Sean Penn [Lead actor in Black's 'Milk'] that same question. Or, Mr. GQ writer, were you projecting your own unprofessional desires onto me and Gus?"
"Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I'm shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators. I mean, would you have asked this same question if it were Diablo Cody and Kathryn Bigelow at dinner with Mr. Lautner?"
On the last note, he added, "Leaning on lies, myths and stereotypes about gay people is hateful, harmful and outdated. It's not the 1950s anymore GQ, it's 2011 and it's time to grow up." GQ Australia has not responded.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers