Rep: Amy Winehouse Found Dead 'Alone in Bed' by Security Guard
New details regarding the tragic passing of Amy Winehouse have been shared. Chris Goodman, a representative for Amy, has just confirmed that the "Back to Black" singer was discovered dead in her bed on Saturday, July 23 by a security guard who had been appointed to look after her.
"She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn't breathing," Chris informed TMZ. "He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked. At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed."
While the exact cause of Amy's death is still pending autopsy results, words came out that she was seen buying drugs on the night before her death. The People reported the "Rehab" singer was thought to have purchased narcotics, including cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and ketamine from a dealer in Camden just after 10:30 P.M. on Friday, July 22.
"Amy seemed determined to have a big one on Friday night. She was out in Camden on Friday evening, but seemed determined to carry on the party back at her flat," said a friend. "None of us know who was with her into the early hours of Saturday. But getting out of it was clearly her main priority of the night."
Amy was found dead in her London apartment on Saturday afternoon. Police still can't determine the cause of death and called it "unexplained". Family of the troubled singer recently released a statement regarding her tragic passing. "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," their statement read.
Many stars have mourned the death of the 27-year-old soul singer. One of them was comedian Russell Brand, who reflected on her life in a Sunday morning blog post. "Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticized at 27 years old," part of his posting read. "Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease."
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!